RE: Guild of Accessible Web Designers starts membership drive

On 2 Dec Tina wrote

On  1 Dec, Pat Byrne wrote:

> The Guild of Accessible Web Designers 'went public' today. Although the
> Guild is not ready for an official launch, they are looking for new
> members who are interesting in helping to develop the organization. The
> intention is to launch officially some time in early 2004.

 > Wonderful news.

 > I have only two questions, if I may.

 > 1 - Why are there 14 validation errors on the GAWDs front page ?

   > 2 - When they say, quote, "completed an approved Accessible Web
        Design course."; which courses are approved, and by whom ?

I also have two questions.

Has anyone proofread the pages to pick up errors such as :

Validate you site <http://valet.gawds.org/> | and  5. GAWDS.org believes that 'accessible web design is good for business"; both for designers/developers, and for clients looking to build new websites, or improve existing websites.

And why does it fail the Cynthia test with

11.2 Avoid deprecated features of W3C technologies.
Rule: 11.2.1 - Identify the use of one or more deprecated elements or attributes within the document.
Failure - Document uses one or more deprecated elements or attributes. The document contains the element: body with the deprecated attribute: bgcolor

This, unfortunately, does not inspire me with confidence.

John

John Colby
Lecturer, School of Computing, Faculty of Computing, Information and English
Room F328a, Feeney Building, University of Central England,
Franchise Street, Perry Barr, Birmingham B42 2SU
Tel: +44 (0) 121 331 6937, Fax +44 (0) 121 331 6281, Mobile: 0771 114 1621