Re: [W3C] default place holder for radio buttons- checkpoint 10.4

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003, David Woolley wrote:

> > validation radio buttons I have seen in some places.  If it is not a
> > required field and none are checked, no age range field even shows up on the
> > presubmission output.
>
> That's implementation dependent behaviour which conflicts with earlier
> HTML specifications and is now explicitly marked as implementation
> dependent.

but it is certainly possible to have a "Blank" radio button I have seen
this done, and there are questions that have manditory fields that in some
cases are not accurate such that no button would correctly answer the
question.

and as an aside I know someone who always answers the sex question with
the answer "Nun"

Bob

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net