RE: Nielsen's Latest Alertbox & a personal protest

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 jon@hackcraft.net wrote:

> I fail to see why a user would want the font face and size for toolTips to be
> different with a web browser than with any other application, and hence I fail
> to see what's unfortuante about this.

Agreed.

So why do some browsers - especially MSIE - default to displaying document
text in a size that disagrees so violently with the user's desktop
settings?  That is the real crime against the Web, and why we are
plagued with so many illegible microfont pages.

--
Nick Kew