Re: User customization using a style sheet switcher and server side scripts.

> Who wants to change browser settings every 5 mins, and if you design for
the
> lowest common denominator, who knows how to? and why should people
have/want
> to alter prefrences, just to see your site????? Cyberspace is a very
lonely

That's a very good point. It would be nice to get some usage statistics on
the number of people that actually do change preferences either through
their user agents, or through the features provided by content developers.

> place at times, why put off visitors by forcing them to alter their
computer
> settings to see your site?

We're not suggesting visitors should be forced to alter their settings.
We're suggesting providing an additional means for visitors to alter their
settings. Maybe there isn't a need for it, but I think it's an avenue worth
exploring.

> There is a danger of falling in love with the technicalities.

It's just infatuation.

Best regards.

Gez
Supplement your vitamins