Re: User customization using a style sheet switcher and server side scripts.

On  5 Nov, P.H.Lauke wrote:

>>   Thirdly, the adjustments you make are not persistent - as
>> soon as you
>>   leave that particular site, they go away.
>
> That depends on the expiry date set for the cookies, if I'm not mistaken.

  I might have chosen the wrong words. When you leave the site, the
  changes you have made will no longer apply to the *next* site. Users
  find that confusing.

>>   Users don't know how to adjust their UA - so tell them how.
>> That will
>>   atleast confuse them less.
>
> Shouldn't there be a certain onus on the users as well, and not just
> the developers ?

  There is - yes. Users should really, REALLY, learn how to configure
  their systems. I cannot agree for an instant that they should put an
  effort into learning every, single, site-specific method for doing the
  same.

  Which is why a mini-tutorial on configuration is far better. IMHO, of
  course. Nothing is carved in stone as far as such issues as these are
  concerned.

   [+46] 0708 557 905