Re: italic fonts

I would tend to avoid them, because in most cases they are harder to
read. Users who don't see perfectly (those with glasses, or who could
benefit from them, not those with screen magnifiers) will find that
italics slow them down.

It occurs to me to ask if people who don't read well to start with
(other than from a vision problem) find italics harder. Anyone know?

So my advice would be go with bolding if you need emphasis. There are a
couple of cases where italics is the commonly accepted way to identify
things - one is short phrases in another language - and it may make
more sense to stick with the conventions. But don't use italics without
a good reason...

cheers

Chaals