From: "Jim Tobias" <tobias@inclusive.com>
To: "'John Britsios'" <webmaster@webnauts.net>; <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2003 7:45 AM
Subject: RE: JAWSR for Windows for FREE? Lets give a try!

Hi All,

There has been a rather lively discussion on this petition, both at
Accessify:
http://www.accessifyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=149

and Maccessibility:
http://www.maccessibility.com/

I proposed a non-speech version of JAWS: put in a page, get a
"transcript" of what JAWS would have spoken.  It could support all
settings, or only the most common settings that real users use.

This should have the advantage of reducing the learning requirements and
not eroding JAWS revenue.

Does Lynx already perform this function?  If so, shouldn't there be an
outreach effort to non-blind developers about how to use Lynx as an
evaluation tool?

*****
Jim Tobias
Inclusive Technologies