RE: Dynamic sessions

Nice idea but I'm not sure how easy that would be in reality. For instance we're building a PHP intranet for schools and have specified the session time out as 60 minutes. It would quite easy to allow site administrators to change this but it would be a global change to a config file and would affect all users who logged in. General concensus here is that the authentication mechanism wouldn't allow for differentiation acording to user ie you are either logged out and are "nobody" or you are logged in and are "somebody".

Unfortunately my PHP skills aren't developed enough to give anymore of a definitive answer but if someone could crack it I would certainly implement it  on this and future projects.

--Julian
The information in this email is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee.  If you are not the addressee, please tell us by using the reply facility in your email software as soon as possible. Sheffield City Council cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.  If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended please tell us as soon as possible.