RE: Dynamic sessions

In many cases it seems that sessions are made to time out very
quickly for security reasons. An example would be online banking, for
instance, where - in my experience anyway - sessions can expire in
a matter of only a minute of inactivity. However, I see your point about
users with disabilities potentially requiring more time. I'm not sure
how easily implementable it would be, but it may be an idea to offer
users the option of specifying that they may require a longer
time-out period. In a login-based system, this could be stored as an
extra value with the user's information...once they log in, a new session
is created and the timer set accordingly.

Sorry if this reply was a bit vague. That's certainly a very interesting
point (maybe stretching it, but could this be interpreted as a variation
on guideline 7 <http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#gl-movement> ?)

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford