RE: a word for 'accessible', that people get.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Kew [mailto:nick@webthing.com]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 1:13 PM
To: Mischa Weiss-Lijn
Cc: 'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'
Subject: Re: a word for 'accessible', that people get.

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Mischa Weiss-Lijn wrote:

> I am doing some work for a large UK company that sells a range of
> 'accessible' products alongside its standard product range.  They are
> currently under the category of 'accessible products' - BUT in user testing
> when looking for accessible products NOBODY look in this category!

Universal?
Inclusive?

Or if they're selling to consumers (so it's end-users making the
decision), some form of the wheelchair-symbol thingey?

--
Nick Kew

In urgent need of paying work - see http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html

"Universal" does makes good sense, Nick.
yes, the wheelchair is great, and a 'magnifying glass' symbol might be good too.
I think the text "assistive" or "assisting" would be very appropriate.
Perhaps you/they can "quickly" survey to determine what category name would get used - possibly a poll.  ?

Stephen Jones