Re: GIFs

Vincent Flanders wrote:

> I haven't examined every accessibility verification tool out there, but
> it seems rather strange to me the ones I've looked at want me to
> manually examine each GIF file for flicker. Even *I* know that it's
> possible for a programmer to examine the contents of a GIF file and tell
> if it's animated. Are there any accessibility tools out there that check
> the GIFs for you and eliminate the ones that obviously aren't animated?

take a deep breath...

and head for the frontline:

$ find . -type f -iname "*.gif" -print0 | xargs --null --max-lines=1
identify | perl -nWe 'print "$1\n" if /(.*?)\[/;' | sort | uniq

whew!

that should produce a list of animated gif files.
you'll need a standard unix compliment (find, xargs, perl, sort, uniq)
and imagemagick (identify).

there's probably an easier way...

- p