Re: XHTML/XML some constructive comments required.

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 08:34 AM, Matt May wrote:
> On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 05:30  AM, tina@greytower.net wrote:
>>   Markup      Content                 WAI (11.1)  UA     Standard
>>    XHTML 1.0   text/html               Not ok      Yes    Yes
>>    XHTML 1.0   application/xhtml+xml   Not ok      No     Yes
>
> Where do you get that XHTML fails 11.1? It is explicitly mentioned in
> the core techniques.

XHTML 1.0 isn't the "latest version" of XHTML.  1.1 is.  Therefore,
if you are using -- for example -- Transitional markup in XHTML,
you are in violation of WCAG 11.1.

Which, I think, is part of the silly implications of WCAG 11.1's
specific wording -- it was written to mean "use HTML 4.0, not HTML
3.2," and it fails badly when you attempt to apply it to XHTML 1.0
and 1.1.

I agree with Tina's interpretation of what 11.1 is saying -- I think
this is an example of a poorly written checkpoint.

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                     http://kynn.com
Chief Technologist, Idyll Mountain                http://idyllmtn.com