Re: Skip Nav (was RE: "Think EUO, not SEO"/Google)

While I agree with Kynn's point that screen readers are aural devices,
and people who want to target aural devices differently should be able
to rely on screen readers understanding the standard, the fact that
they don't isn't particularly relevant to my argument.

There were two points I was making. The major one was that keyboard
navigation is important for many people who are not screen reader
users, and it is therefore helpful if it is visible.

The minor point was that using display:none to hide things except from
screen readers is a bad move because in practise it hides them from
common screen readers. It would be nice if one could use CSS to provide
optimisations for aural browsing, but that seems to be a while away
still.

In any event, I would still like to be able to see the navigation links
when I am browsing. Poor keyboard support is one of my big gripes
against many otherwise nice browsers on MacOS X.

cheers

Chaals