Re: Question about semantics & meaning of live text logo.

I wouldn't necessarily make an image if the thing really is primarily
textual - and that depends on the thinking as much as anything. A
textual logo will have the same text presented, possibly re-styled
according to the user's idea of what suits them well. So each user
should get it consistently, although different users might see
different things. (So? Apparently colour-blind people see different
things already - if they can tell what is going on this is a good
thing...)

A text logo is going to be very very very small in file size (instead
of very small for well-designed web graphic logos).

The progetto CABI (an Italian campaign for accessibility in libraries)
uses a text logo styled with CSS. It behaves quite nicely, but they are
not that worried if people change the font or colours. I believe that
the font Microsoft use for their logo is considered a crucial part of
the logo - they regard it as effectively an image that doesn't mean the
same thing if it doesn't look the same.

In an ideal world I would actually use SVG - you can have real text
(select and copy it!) and adaptable display, with high quality graphic
effects (animation, ...)

cheers

Chaals