Re: Access Keys

They work really well in some browsers (iCab is the standout example in
my opinion, but Opera is reasonably good) and other browsers really
don't manage to make them very helpful at all.

I don't think that an overall standard for which keys to use is that
helpful. There is the link element for standardised links, which allows
each browser to provide the same control across different sites (and
many do).  Using what others use is valuable, but the design of
accesskey isn't sufficiently smart to make it worthwhile. (I do hope
that it gets redesigned in XHTML 2, and other user-oriented
languages...)

As someone who has problems with my hand I really appreciate them.
Other people won't care at all about them. But then I rarely try to
find out what the title attribute says about things, while some people
find it very important (when it is there).

cheers

Chaals