Re: Statistics on usability of accessible websites?

Tyresö, 23-apr-2003

Hello Ian,

In Jakob Nielsen's 'Alertbox' of 21-April-2003, he reports that
usability studies shows, 'low-end media forms are superior
to high-end media forms'.
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20030421.html
(To help determine Jakob Nielsen's credibility, see his biography
 at above Web site.)

Also, you may want to ask the business managers what evidence,
or experience, they have that would prove 'exciting' design
to be cost effective, or the best ROI (Return of Investment).

It is a question of what goals and purposes the Web resource
has, and how the Web resource benefit the organization the most.
For example, what to give priority to: 'exciting' design or
enabling users to _conveniently_ utilize the Web resource.

It is a decision that the executives may want to be consulted.

Regards
Thomas Jedenfelt
Tyresö (Stockholm, Sweden)