RE: Accessible portal registering solutions

I remember two discussions while ago on sitepointforums
about this http://www.sitepointforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=96195
and http://www.sitepointforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=103898

Alternatives that are currently being explored seem to be
to offer an audio version of the Captcha, and/or to substitute
it with something like a multiple-hoice test.

Nevertheless, these alternatives can also cause problems and
are certainly not the answer to all accessibility issues.

Apart from having an actual human being at the other end
manually checking registration details, I don't think there is
any completely accessible way of doing this sort of thing, imho.
I'd be glad if some other list members could shed some light
on this issue, as it's something that I've been battling with
as well in a recent project.

Patrick