Re: Relative font sizes

Mary Martinson wrote:
> At a recent web accessibility class where I recommended using relative font
> sizes, a person replied that if you use relative sizes, the fonts get all
> screwed up when viewed on a Mac.  Does anyone know if this is true?
> Thanks
> Mary Martinson

Not if you set them up the right way. There has been a lot of discussion
about this on the CSS-D list recently. Check the Wiki.

http://css-discuss.incutio.com/
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=AvoidingHacks
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=FontSize
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=UsingEms

Basically, setting the body element to a keyword or percent size is
essential, then all child elements can use em or % size based on that
initial value. Don't try setting the body size to an em. Also, the
examples listed may be affected by different rendering modes in certain
browsers. There are different CSS hacks/selectors for standards mode
than for quirks mode. If you are unfamiliar with what rendering mode
entails, view this page:

http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=RenderingMode

Good luck,
James Craig