Re: Limited Number of possible accesskey values

They must not have tested with Window-Eyes.  While in MSAA mode, alt-S
reads the status line, and alt-0 through alt-9 read part or all of the
current window.  This may improve in the next release;

under the current release, 4.2.1.1, the user could go into the Window-Eyes
control panel and undefine hotkeys for windows 0 through 9 and free up some
of those AccessKeys.  But alt-S is not user-configurable at present.

At 08:27 AM 4/15/03 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi
>
>On Mon 14-Apr-2003 at 06:47:18PM -0700, Patrick Burke wrote:
>>
>> There are some old threads on this.
>
>There sure are :-)
>
>If I remember right the use of numbers and punctuation was just
>about the only thing that was generally safe.
>
>For most the sites I have worked on in the last year or so I have
>followed the UK Govt suggestions:
>
>  S Skip navigation
>
>  1 Home page
>
>  2 What's new
>
>  3 Site map

>  5 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
>
>  6 Help
>
>  7 Complaints procedure
>
>  8 Terms and conditions
>
>  9 Feedback form
>
>  0 Access key details

http://www.e-envoy.gov.uk/oee/oee.nsf/sections/webguidelines-content/$file/0
4.htm#4

>I have also been using these:
>
>  <  Previous Documents
>
>  >  Next Document
>
>  ^  Parent Document
>
>Chris
>
>--
>Chris Croome                               <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>
>web design                             http://www.webarchitects.co.uk/
>web content management                               http://mkdoc.com/

Braille is the solution to the digital divide.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535  <lras@loc.gov>
<http://www.loc.gov/nls>
HOME:  <lras@sprynet.com>       <http://lras.home.sprynet.com>
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent
those of NLS.