Re: CSS line-height frustrates font size overrides

I agree.

I think a good compromise could be that if designers need to use
absolute sizes for font-size, they should at least use em lengths for
their line-height, so if the browser were to change the absolutely set
font-sizes, the line-heights would scale accordingly.

I myself am trying to avoid setting absolute sizes for my text, but bad
habits die hard ;)