Re: Left handedness and stylus input (tabletPC, palm, etc)

I never cease to be amazed at the dedication of all of you; much of the things you write about is greek to me, but I'm learning.
thank you
Penny
 Kerstin Goldsmith <kerstin.goldsmith@oracle.com> wrote:Hey, Folks.

This brings up the subject of "Universal Design" - how to make all designs more
generic and more broad to include all possible user types. Does anyone know of
any good books on "Universal Design?"

Thanks,
-Kerstin

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> Good thinking Jonathan. Reminded me that we did that, with the following in
> the user agent guidelines:
>
> 11.7 Tool bar configuration. (P3)
>
> + For graphical user agent user interfaces with tool bars, allow the user to
> configure the position of user agent user interface controls on those tool
> bars.
> + Offer a predefined set of controls that may be added to or removed from
> tool bars.
> + Allow the user to restore the default tool bar configuration.
>
> -- http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG/guidelines.html#tech-configure-controls
>
> (This covers your use case, which is more serious, more than mine, but
> suggesting techniques to the working group is always a good thing).
>
> cheers
>
> Chaals
>
> On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>
> >Chaals,
> >
> > regarding learning disability and input
> >
> >I've always felt it should be relatively trivial, (or easy) to change
> >the contents of toolbars, or personalise them this is one of the
> >benefits of linux.
> >
> >for instance when introducing an email program, it would be much
> >simpler if only the compose and send buttons were present, at least
> >until a message was received.
> >
> >ctrl click and drag for all elements of all applications, pass it on to
> >UA
> >
> >jonathan
> >

> --
> Charles McCathieNevile http://www.w3.org/People/Charles tel: +61 409 134 136
> SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
> 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22
> W3C, 2004 Route des Lucioles, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France
begin:vcard
n:Goldsmith;Kerstin
tel;cell:510-306-0183
tel;home:510-237-3346
tel;work:650-506-6646
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://envoy.us.oracle.com/access/parse.jsp
org:Tools Division
adr:;;200 Oracle Parkway, MailStop 1125;Redwood Shores;CA;94065;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:Kerstin.Goldsmith@Oracle.com
title:Senior Product Manager
fn:Kerstin Goldsmith