Re: Left handedness and stylus input (tabletPC, palm, etc)

Oh cool. It is nice to know people have thought of this.

Two questions:

Have you looked into how strong handedness really is? I write or use a stylus
with my left hand, but mostly use a mouse with my right hand. (I can use a
mouse left-handed, but don't much as it aggravates my overuse problems)

Do you have specific examples of where the problems are? One that I noticed
is positioning of scrollbars. Systems like X have always allowed you to set
the scrollbars to the other side (so you can see what you are scrolling) but
I can't figure out if that is possible on my palmtop which is currently
running windows. Drawing programs tend to allow for floating palettes, which
I realise is a handy feature...

cheers

Chaals

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 liddy.nevile@motile.net wrote:

>well, in our work on user preferences, we are certainly including handedness as a
>relevant factor.
>BTW, "our" here means the IMS definition of user preferences but we hope that as
>this work is based on other established requirements and experiences, our
>preferences will be useful to others.
>Liddy

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22