Re: sound on event: a possible way?

"Jonathan Chetwynd" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:3C321684-0965-11D7-8B4A-0003939B5AD0@btinternet.com...
> Re sound on event code sample"
> it may be complete but it runs to hundreds of lines, requires a plugin,
> and seems buggy in xp/ie6, whereas the mac version I wrote is one line
> long.
> *SVG really cannot be an appropriate technology if a hundred lines is
> needed to create a sound on event example.

SVG has no ability to do sounds, so SVG will never be an appropriate
technology for sounds in a standard environment, I was purely providing
an example of how sound+SVG is available today.
I don't recall there being a hundred lines, as I say check the book the
explanation there certainly isn't 100 lines, I didn't author it, and
whilst I can probably work out what's going on, there's other things I'd
rather be doing.

> this wasn't clear to me, the backgrounds are plain, but images are not
> placed in groups overlapping, unless I missed something.

There's plenty of examples which do use it in that way, there's nothing
stopping the svg elements from overlapping or anything similar:

http://jibbering.com/rdfsvg/scene.2.1?llama;dog;person;goat

probably does what you want, as described (and blatantly ripped off at
http://people.w3.org/maxf/Parallax/ )

> the beta, using gifs is here: http://www.peepo.com/crap/argo3/
> unfortunately the hotspots remain extremely confusing....
> it does not scale with the window, but this is doable, as per the
> homepage.

This would be no problem in an SVG viewer, however given SVGs limitations
you could not make it more accessible than your current version, indeed
it would probably be less accessible, however many parts would be easier

Jim.