Re: Highlighting areas of text on mouse click.

This is a stylesheet bug, not a Mozilla bug.  The rule

:active { color: #C00; background: transparent }

means that any element clicked on will take on the :active properties.  So
any text one clicks on takes the new color.

At 04:43 PM 12/07/2002, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>I would be surprised if it was anything other than a bug in Mozilla though -
>it isn't the sort of thing most people want turned on most of the time...
>(unless it is a bug in the stylesheet - i.e. our fault)
>
>cheers
>
>Chaals
>
>On 8 Dec 2002, Tim Roberts wrote:
>

> >Hi all,
> >
> >I have a question about the W3's WAI documents.
> >
> >I was recently reading the Requirements for WCAG 2.0
> >http://www.w3.org/TR/wcag2-req/ and I noticed that in Mozilla 1.2.1 when
> >any text is clicked, the whole scope of the paragraph changes color to
> >red. I am not sure if this happens in other browsers. Does anyone know
> >why this is so?

Bill Mason
Accessible Internet
w3c@accessibleinter.net