Re: Accessible PDFs

I should have said make the printable version downloadable and provide
an accessible version for viewing.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Access Systems" <accessys@smart.net>
To: "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@comcast.net>
Cc: "Matthew Smith" <matt@kbc.net.au>; <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 10:16 AM
Subject: Re: Accessible PDFs

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, David Poehlman wrote:

> you are correct, print should not be served from the web but then much
> of print is inaccessible anyway.  If you want to serve print from the
> web, make it downloadable instead of viewable.

the only problem with that is, unless the creator has a summary that is
readable that says what the download is about, 9 times out of 10 you end
up downloading something you don't want or need and kill whatever time
it
took to download.

Bob

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
    NO MSWord docs in e-mail                    Access Systems,
engineers
*#*#*#
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender
as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.
Thanks