From: "Matthew Smith" <matt@kbc.net.au>
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 3:41 AM
Subject: Accessible PDFs

Hi All

Seeing the responses, I think that the subject may be worth persuing;
however, I do not actually created PDFs using Adobe software - I'm doing
it all in a Linux environment via GhostScript; think I'd better find out
the core requirement for Accessible PDF and work out whether GS can do
it.

Personally, I think PDF is very relevant to a web discussion; when doing
electronic design, I spend a lot of time on the sites of semiconductor
manufacturers; those sites are packed with datasheets and no, they're
not in HTML format...  I have yet to be convinced that HTML/CSS is a
good way to serve print documents from the web which is why I'm using
PDF in the first place.

Cheers

Matthew Smith            | Business: http://www.kbc.net.au
IT Consultant            | PGP Key:  http://gpg.mss.cx
Kadina, South Australia  | * Tivis Project * Community Connect *