Re: wrap="physical"

Hi

On Sun 17-Nov-2002 at 12:46:50PM +0000, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

> <textarea name="Comments" cols="60" rows="10"
> wrap="physical"></textarea>
>
> anyone know if/why wrap is deprecated?

AFAIK it has never been in any HTML spec and it was an attribute that
was created by Netscape back in the days when textareas behaved in a
different way from the now usual way -- now all browsers seem to have
wrap=virtual by default.

I'm not aware of a CSS way of achieving the same results as the wrap
attribute and for this reason I think it's an attribute that would
make sense to have in the transitional DTDs, but that isn't a debate
worth having again :-)

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>