JAWS doing em / strong Re: *Complex* Tables, Forms, Labeling, I'm still confused

I have been told that this was one of the things that RNIB testing found. (if
I recall correctly)

Which just makes for a bug report on JAWS - unless it turns out the problem
is with what IE makes available to it. That would surprise me in this case,
since IE visually renders it.

This is a case where it would be nice to have Audio CSS iplementation - it
would make it much easier for users to solve these problems for themselves
and share their style rules, instead of waiting for the developers to have
work time available.

Cheers

Chaals

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Terrie King wrote:

>I interested in this, too.  Can anyone share some info on this?
>
>Terrie King
>

>> As a completely side issue, I've been told that JAWS doesn't handle <em>
>and
>> <strong> - is this true?  Is there no indication to the JAWS user that
>those
>> tags are being used?  (I haven't noticed either way in my own use of JAWS,
>> but
>> I use it solely for testing, and haven't got the same familiarity with the
>> modes and setup options as might be needed to make it work.)

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22