RE: Accessibility Options

Julian Voelcker wrote:

> > If the user does not know how to use the browser, he needs _general_
> > help for that, not any site-specific help. If he needs a
> > user style sheet, it should be written for _general_ use in his
browsing.

> OK, so are you agreeing that it is a good idea to provide a
> facility for creating a custom style sheet and help on how to use them?

A _general_ facility, yes, though it would probably need to be
browser-specific for practical reasons (different CSS support).
By "general", I mean something that stands on its own and it aimed
at helping people in Web surfing in general.

Basically, it would be an interactive page (a case for using JavaScript for
accessibility!) where the user can select between some basic options or
enter options of his own, and get a style sheet back, together with
instructions on what to do with it next on different browsers. The difficult
part is to decide which features are most important and how to make it as
easy as possible to make an informed decision.

--
Jukka Korpela, senior adviser
TIEKE Finnish Information Society Development Centre