Re: question about colours and fonts

Lisa,

The links on the left poanel are not readable to me, on
my system they are bright cyan on cyan, and when visited
they're bright purple on cyan. This is because the colours
of the link pseudo classes fails cascading.

Colour cascading also fails for the links at the bottom
of the pages.

I find it a bit confusing to have two links for one page.
To my humble oppinion it would be better to either have
one 'About' link, or to have an 'About NEWD' and an
'About IDEA NS' page.

The Membership application page (less confusingly also
called 'Membership Application Form') doesn't have
initial values. This had posed some trouble in some
assistive technology in the past (don;t know current
status.)

On the FAQ page the three links at the top do not have
non link characters between them. This causes my screen-
reader to rattle them as one continues flow of words.

On the FAQ the questions more meem to be the answers
and visa versa. Better take a more bold / larger
typeface for the question then for the answer.
As an alternative the same font like all other paragraph
text could be used, and then to have the answers indented
using a definition list. (This would also look great in
lynx.)

On the home page the logo's could be alted to let
everybody know whose they are.

At for last it might or might not be a bit overkill
to have the links on the left also at the bottom, since
the ones on the left can be useable for every one.

Christian

At 15:20 8-11-02, The Snider's Web wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I tested this site for visual disabilities and the design held up at a 28
>point font and the colour combo was used by other major sites for the
>visually impaired. However, the organization and I are  curious about the
>following:
>
>The colours and font that are on the site, are they accessible for
>Assistive devices and for persons with
>visual disabilities?
>
>What do you think? Here is a test page to look at:
>http://www.entrepreneurdisability.org
>
>Can I do better? How would you change it?
>
>Thanks for the feedback
>
>Lisa

-----
Microsoft products are susceptible to a large variety of viruses, worms,
and other fauna.