Re: abbr, acronym and working examples

Jon

abbreviation and acronym already have definitions that were created
before the web, and are not of it, they certainly do not relate to
tooltip or your un-named and un-described alternatives.

the route I suggest is less open to confusion, a tooltip is readily
identifiable, if there are other uses, let us describe them, and then
we will be better able to understand what would be suitable for their
usage.

It is evident that abbr and acronym give no help in this context.

jonathan