Re: Assistive Technologies and HTTPS

Hmm. Good point for certain users. But in my case I use lynx based on my
computer (where I installed an ssl-compatible version using

  fink install lynx-ssl

after installing the fink packaging system available at
http://fink.sourgeforge.net - this is like RPMfind or debian's apt-get
feature, and is in fact now based on apt-get code).

I also use it located on a server, where they haven't, as far as I know,
installed an SSL-compatible version. But as Bob says, there is nothing to
stop them. And Mac OS 9 is one of the less likely choices of operating system
for a service provider (I imagine that VAX is as popular...)

cheers

Chaals

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Access Systems wrote:

>On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>
>> That  said, I am not sure where to get an up-to-date copy of Lynx for MacOS 9
>> - although for OS X the fink packaging system provides an easy way to find
>> and install lynx or links enabled for https.
>
>Lynx does not exist on your computer but rather on the host,  therefore
>log onto your ISP in "Shell" mode and type "lynx" and you should have
>access to the lynx browser.....shouldn't matter what kind of computer you
>are using
>
>Bob
>

>   ASCII Ribbon Campaign                        accessBob
>    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
>    NO MSWord docs in e-mail                    Access Systems, engineers
>    NO attachments in e-mail,  *LINUX powered*   access is a civil right
>THIS message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may be
>privileged.  They are intended ONLY for the individual or entity named
>above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
>soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
>communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22