Re: Colors and the WCAG

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 04:19:09PM -0400, Joe Clark wrote:

> A device that can't understand stylesheets is apt to use its own
> colours anyway. And besides, the requirement postulated above is
> *so* 1998, and the WCAG are outdated enough as it is.

  Be that as it may. The organizations and goverments only now beginning
  to demand accessibility - such as the EU and others - are however
  using WCAG 1.0 as their baseline.

  It is likely to remain that way for some time, which means that outdated
  or not: it is what we must contend with. The goverment officials I have
  spoken with is not aware - or was not aware - of WCAG 2.0 at all.

  As for the colours ... well, we don't do accessibility just for CSS
  browsers, after all.

   [+46] 0708 557 905