RE: Pop-Ups

You all might want to try this utility for windows that I came across, to
keep pop-up adds from popping over or under your browser
widow.

http://www.cableaid.com/PopUpBuster/

It looks safe enough.  Check it out.

>From: "Gerard Torenvliet" <g_torenvliet@sympatico.ca>
>To: "'WAI - IG'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
>Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:18:02 -0400
>Subject: RE: Pop-Ups
>Sender: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org
>

>You can also fight back against pop-ups by using the Mozilla browser,
>which has a built-in pop-up suppressor.  If you're really into the
>bleeding edge, you can also try Moz's slick cousin, Phoenix.  This
>browser has a nice method of allowing users to opt-in to pop-ups.
>
>http://mozilla.org/
>
>http://mozilla.org/projects/phoenix/
>
>And, if you have any communication with Microsoft, encourage them to add
>similar functionality to Internet Explorer.  If IE were to implement an
>elegant pop-up blocker, that would have a significant impact on the
>effectiveness (and hence deployment) of pop-up ads.
>
>Regards,
>-Gerard

Alan Bilansky

Web Developer
Consulting and Support Services,
Information Technology Services
(formerly Center for Academic Computing)
The Pennsylvania State University

AlanB@psu.edu