RE: New Window inform

In summary, some user agents that create a list of links for a page do
not open those links in pop-up or new windows, so including the warning
as part of the link would not be correct. Other user agents
automatically inform the user of pop-up or new windows, so including the
warning as part of the link would result in a double description, e.g.
"Link: Microsoft, opens in a new window. Link opens a new browser
window."

Until a workable solution is found, it seems the best is to leave it up
to the user agent to inform the user of a pop-up or new window.

If we have good motivation for an action, as above, do you feel that one
can still award Level-AA compliance even though this checkpoint has not
been strictly adhered to?

Steve