Re: Standards Compliant = No support for NN4?

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 07:51:24AM -0400, RUST Randal wrote:

> "You are using a browser that either does not support some form of W3C
> standards such as CSS, DOM or XHTML.  Therefore all you're getting is
> unformatted text.  If you would like to view this site in all its glory, use
> a browser such as IE 6, Mozilla 1.0, Netscape 7.0 or Opera 6.1."

  Ah, but there is the clincher: if I am using Lynx in order to linearize
  a document in order to output it through Speech or Braille, then I am
  left with a suggestion - on each page?? - that in order to get the glory
  out of the site I should 'upgrade' to a browser using CSS.

  If I use something like emacspeak I'll get the same - and that *HAS* support
  for CSS - Aural CSS.

  As you say, just some thoughts, but I'd find it *very* annoying. YMMW, of
  course.

   [+46] 0708 557 905