Re: Open Beta: Testing & Reporting on Accessibility & Usability of Applications

I don't think I've seen a tool quite like this before for software
testing.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert B. Yonaitis" <ryonaitis@hisoftware.com>
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 3:52 PM
Subject: Open Beta: Testing & Reporting on Accessibility & Usability of
Applications

Hello All,

This is yet another offer for everyone to participate in what will be a
Public beta that will begin next week. The beta is for a New tool that
will ship with our AccVerify Solutions. The tool is called AccSoft(tm)

The basic Feature set:

Project Management of Software Accessibility & Usability Reviews both
Manual and Automated Checking.

The Main Focus of the product is to verify compliance to: US Section 508
and EITACC Desktop Software Standards.

This Product will include our Accessibility Interview Wizard. The Wizard
is extensible based on the architecture of the Questions and Interaction
pieces (XQDF). The HiSoftware XML Question Definition File, The New
format will allow users to specify Questions, Valid Answer Types, Help
and Assistance Locations, etc...

So You could pick and choose what a Complete Test for your organization
is.

For Example: You may Test for 508 and Have a "Custom" 16 Part Usability
Test. You could add that component and test for that along with 508, the
Database will track all answers in its core database or you can point to
another database or send your answers directly to XML for use or other
processing.

For those of you Beta testing other products we would probably recommend
assigning a different person from your organization to test this
product. We look forward to your feedback.

To sign up for this beta please send your request to the beta test mail
bag at HiSoftware engmanagers@hisoftware.com. The Beta is Scheduled to
go out on 12 June 2002.

Cheers,
Rob Yonaitis