Re: text in images

On Thu, 2 May 2002 Sofia.Celic@visionaustralia.org.au wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been pondering the issue of text within images and would like some
> opinions on the matter.

only

when the text is graphical  rather than information
when CSS won't work
or when a text alternative is provided

Bob

> If a website uses graphical images of text and does not provide any
> redundant text links, should the website fail compliance at P2?  My reason
> for thinking this is that text within images is not sizeable (in the
> traditional sense of being able to increase the font size in a browser) and
> so would be equivalent to using a fixed font size - which would fail
> checkpoint 3.4 (Use relative rather than absolute units in markup language
> attribute values and style sheet property values) at P2.
>
> Am I being too pedantic in wanting to fail a website for Double A
> conformance for this reason?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sofia
> ____________________________
> Sofia Celic
> Internet Development Consultant
> Vision Australia Foundation
> 454 Glenferrie Road
> Kooyong, Victoria, 3144
> Ph: 613 9864 9284
> Fax: 613 9864 9210
> E-mail: Sofia.Celic@visionaustralia.org.au
> Web site: http://www.visionaustralia.org.au

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks