Re: Frames and accessibility: opinions please

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Phill Jenkins wrote:

> > ...  but I mention the Linux to
> >illustrate that any solutions MUST be OS neutral and not depend on
> >proprietary software that is not provided free.
>
> I don't understand what free has to do meeting the 508 or W3C standards.  I

it does state in 508, that if something is required to view or use a site
a link must be provided to allow a download at no additional cost.

> also don't understand why something must be OS neutral to meet a standard.

because a standard cannot be proprietary

> By the way, since LYNX supports FRAMES, if authors put usable titles on
> them, would that end the debate about frames?

probably

> Also is LYNX supported JavaScript, would that end the debate about
> JavaScript?

so far as I know Lynx does not support Javascript

Bob

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks