RE: A new one: label vs. Scope

I don't consider reading the text as "support".  HPR reads the text as
well.  Does JAWs 4.02 do anything with the Legend? for example associate it
with each of the controls in the FIELDSET?

I believe all browsers will display the text in the LEGEND / FIELDSET,
after all, all they do is ignore the <ELEMENT> and what is left is text.
But what I was asking if anything does something with it - as in associate
the legend with the controls, allow one to get a legend for a particular
control in a field set, expand or collapse the controls in the FIELDSET but
leave the legend as a type of subject line for the collapsed FIELDSET, etc.
These functions would be useful for magnifiers, screen readers, small
screen graphical browsers, etc.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins
IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center
11501 Burnet Rd,  Austin TX  78758    http://www.ibm.com/able

JAWS 4.02 supports the legend of the fieldset for all controls but
combobox.

Regards,

Jean-Marie D'Amour M.Éd.
Formateur