From: "Jim Byrne" <j.byrne@gcal.ac.uk>
To: "W3c_Access" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 10:55 AM
Subject: popup Javascript alert - accessible?

Hi,

I'm doing an audit of a site that uses Javascript to check that forms
have
been filled in properly. If required information is missing from the
form a
Javascript alert message appears (in it's own dialog box). Is this an
accessibility problem for people using screen reading technology - or
are
dialog boxes easily recognised and dealt with by the software and the
user?

Thanks,
Jim

--
Jim Byrne Project Director, The Making Connections Unit, Glasgow
Caledonian

Everything you need to know about publishing accessible information on
the
Web.

Services: Website Accessibility Audits, Accessible Web design,
Accessible
Website Management Training.

The Making Connections Unit: http://www.mcu.org.uk/
Scottish Disability Information Mailing list: