RE: media:Fw: Flash News Flash: It's Accessible

I'm glad to see that Flash is becoming more accessible, but based on
Macromedia's presentation at CSUN, there are still some major challenges:

1.  Users must have the latest version of the Flash Player installed.
2.  Users must use a screen reader that supports Microsoft Active
Accessibility (MSAA) (Do most versions of JAWS and other popular readers
currently IN USE support MSAA?)
3.  Navigating between Flash and non-Flash content, using the keyboard only,
is virtually impossible.
4.  Elaborate Flash movies may present information/content in multiple
places, simultaneously.    Screen Reading software can only describe
information/content in one place at any given time.
5.  Developers need to understand how to use the new accessibility features
of Flash properly, and then they must take the time to do so.

Given the above, I think it is premature to conclude that all accessibility
issues with Flash have been eliminated with the latest release of Flash MX.

E. Snyder

Ethan B. Snyder
IM Analyst / IMLDP 2000
Corporate Information Management