From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Mike Scott
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 12:38 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Cc: 'Andy J. W. Affleck'
Subject: RE: A new one: label vs. Scope

Andy,

With JAWS 4.02 and HPR 3.02, the only practical option seems to be to
use a title attribute on each and every form field. (Neither screen
reader seems to be able to use the table markup - th's with scope="col"
- to identify fields; JAWS' table reading commands don't even work when
in "forms" mode.)

It is unfortunate that HTML doesn't offer a way of assigning multiple
form fields to a single label (and vice versa).

If you do come across a better solution to this problem, please do share
it. (And thanks for the nice synopsis on the last thread.)

Mike