Re: newsletter formats for email

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 10:09:33AM -0400, Michelle Podd wrote:

> Is there a newsletter format that people using assisitve technologies prefer
> to receive via email? We have a newsletter in html. As long as the html is
> accessible, will there be any problems?

  This depends. I can see several possibilities; all of which are of course
  from my own point of view.

   1) A mail that arrive with a content-type of "text/html" is deleted
      automatically, as most such mails are of type spam.

   2) Mail that arrive with a proper MIME encoding - multipart - of which
      one part is HTML will be displayed as plain text.

  However, as long as the letter is properly MIME coded as multipart, and
  several alternative parts given, then access would be a matter of the
  specific mail client choosing the format the user prefers.

  I think that the MIME method would be the single most accessible method
  available at this time. Send content, and let the user's client handle
  it to the best of its abilities.

   [+46] 0708 557 905