From: Jon Hanna [mailto:jon@spin.ie]
Sent: 16 April 2002 10:57
To: SHARPE, Ian; WAI (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Patent on XML and XSLT together?

> >This was claimed as something Sun is trying to do:
> >
> >http://l2.espacenet.com/dips/viewer?PN=WO0163481&;CY=ep&LG=en&DB=EPD
> >
> >Basically if you chose a stylesheet to transform your xml based
> on browser
> >type or some (any?) other criteria, you'd be in violation of
> this patent if
> >it becomes one. Originally seen on the axkit.org "daily churn".

Jeez! Does anyone *not* have prior-art on that.

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.