Re: Some questions from CHI-WEB people

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 09:37:48PM +0000, David Woolley wrote:

> partial implementations of CSS.  NS4 is probably the most extreme -
> NS4 appears not to construct the full parse tree, so has difficulty
> with CSS which decorates that parse tree.  It also has incompatible and
> broken positioning.

  Personally I *strongly* suggest giving NS 4 users a fully separate
  stylesheet[1] with the same elements/classes, but with restricted
  use of properties known to cause problems.

  That helps quite abit ...

 [1]
  NS 4 has a particularly useful bug in the way it handles media types
  which allow for the specificaly of what becomes in effect a NS 4 specific
  CSS file without the use for server- or client-side scripting. Very
  useful.

--
 - Tina Holmboe