RE: Fresh start? Re: Minimal Browser Capabilities

At 12:16 PM +0800 12/27/01, Harry Woodrow wrote:
>How many disabled users are there on the WCAG, I think you will find that
>there are probably more people with disabilities and disability
>organizations and developers with disabilities on this group than on the
>WCAG.  If we are talking about making the web available for people with
>disabilities isn't it important we give them a voice...and listen to them.

WCAG working group has very low entry requirements; near as I can
figure -- and I'm not speaking for the group now -- you have to
state a willingness to participate and show rudimentary knowledge of
the material, and you're welcome to join.  The archives are public and
anyone who has a comment on developing drafts or working group
discussions can speak up, even without commiting to join the group.

So I definitely think the voice is there -- although I tend to think
less in terms of "we" giving "them" a voice and more about "all of
us", which may explain why I haven't done any head counts on who is
or isn't disabled in the group.

If anyone feels denied a voice in WCAG working group, please feel free
to read up on the time and participation requirements, and consider
joining the group if you feel qualified, or at the very least giving
your feedback on open issues.  (This is not an official call for
participation; this is Kynn pointing out that the means to be heard
already exists.)

--Kynn