Re: Fresh start? Re: Minimal Browser Capabilities

Well, there is the possibilty to get valuable data here - the IG is a bigger
group than WCAG.

For example, Vadim started to talk on this list about what kind of machines
people have in Eastern Europe. There appear to be more users of Konqueror,
Mozilla, links, w3m, and DOS on this list than that one.

And the people here are not bound to work on the agenda of WCAG, which also
includes lots of other discussions. There may be a few people here with an
interst and contribution in one area, who will not otherwise have it heard.

But I stand by the request for people to give their conclusions to the WCAG
group, after checking where they are at with the issue.

cheers

Charles McCN

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

  At 9:07 PM -0500 12/26/01, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
  >When this thread started it was about what are the minimum capabilities we
  >can expect users to have (through their browsers). Very little data has come
  >out of it, so I am going to break this question into several smaller
  >questions, and see if we can get more signal.

  I think you were right at the start of the thread (and I was wrong);
  the "minimum browser capabilities" discussion is a topic for WCAG and
  not general IG talk.

  I'll post a reply there.

  --Kynn