Re: Tables and CSS

At 11:27 AM +0000 12/25/01, Vadim Plessky wrote:
>|   Lemme say that again since it rarely gets said:
>|         LAYOUT TABLES DO NOT PRESENT ANY MORE OR LESS A BARRIER TO
>|         ACCESS THAN DOES CSS.
>BTW: I don't understand why you try to treat Tables separatly from CSS.
>yoy can define
>a { display: table }
>b { display: table-row }
>c { display: table-cell }

How many assistive technologies will understand the above, and
how many will understand <table> tags? :)

But as you say, <table> tags are just arbitrary elements with
CSS table styling pre-applied.  If using tables for layout is evil,
then surely so is the above, which is CSS!  You can do just as much
evil with CSS as with <table>, and -- see my other message for a
discussion as to why generic tags like <div> are less useful than
double-use tags like <table>.

--Kynn