Re: Some questions from CHI-WEB people

Just so we realise that this isn't an area where there is someone with all
the answers:

CSS, definitely. CSS is uch friendlier to older browsers than tables.
(Especially to older browsers still in relatively wide use, like lynx).

Actually, without defining carefully what "more gracefully" means, the
question isn't going to get a good answer.

cheers

Charles

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

  At 1:22 PM -0500 12/24/01, David Poehlman wrote:
  >I hear a lot of complaining here.  I hear the same complaints that I
  >hear when we discuss usability and the web.  Take the case of tables
  >versus css.  which will degrade more gracefully in older browsers?

  Just so that we don't leave rhetorical questiosn unanswered:

  Tables, definitely.  Tables are much more friendly to older browsers
  than CSS.

  --Kynn